"Both Warren [Buffett] & I insist on a lot of time being available almost every day to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. We read and think. So Warren and I do more reading and thinking and less doing than most people in business." - Charlie Munger

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hiking in Italy (and the islands thereof)

^ The view from three-quarters of the way to the top of Monte Solaro in Anacapri.

^This was my favorite hike of all, in Ponza, "La Passeggiata al Faro della Guardia" or "walk to the lighthouse of the guard". We walked down to the tiny dock at the bottom and jumped straight in the water, where the ocean floor is full of large, soft, rounded rocks. It was magical!

^This is a picture from the same hike to the lighthouse, in Ponza. The time of day that you take the hike will have a big impact on your experience; I suggest starting the walk no earlier than 5pm.

^This picture is from one of the high points of the hike we took in Portofino, to San Fruttuoso.

^This picture is from the very top of the hike to Monte Solaro in Anacapri (Capri).

I just returned from Italy, where I experienced so many majestically beautiful hikes. The pictures above are directly linked to pages that include additional information on the trails (as close as I could find), as I have noticed that great hiking trails are often difficult to locate on the internet. As you see, I have also included captions with the name and location of each hike. I hope this is helpful; I am a strong believer of getting out and experiencing the natural landscape of any place you visit, and, when the topography permits, long walks and hikes to high viewpoints can be an ideal way to take in as much as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment